Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week 2-Blog Reflection

I sat down to brainstorm different action research topics to discuss with my site based supervisor. My goal was to come up with three or four. Before I knew it I had so many topics, I was overwhelmed looking at the list. It was very difficult for me to cross any of them off. Chapter 2 is very fittingly titled "The Passions That Drive Your Journey: Finding a Wondering" (Dana, 2009, p.29).

However as I looked at my action research topics I realized they would all be placed under Dana's first five categories: staff development, curriculum development, individual teacher(s), individual student(s), and school culture/community, and possibly number 8, school performance. None of my topics would be placed in the categories: leadership, management, and social justice. I had to broaden my ideas just a little; I tend to still think at it from the classroom teacher perspective. I also believe that correlates to the areas I as a future administrator need to work on.

Dana, N.F. (2009). Leading with passion and knowledge: The principal as action researcher.
Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin.

1 comment:

  1. I had the same experience of looking at topics that were from a teachers perspective. This mindset is changing slowly for me as I contniue through this course. I like the idea of camparing the two types of setting for instuction. I have taught in both and every year it's an issue for some parents, teachers, and even our campus administrator. I look forward to hearing more about your research.

    ReplyDelete